Despite my new fondness with baking. I still can’t seem to love cakes as much as everyone else would like me too.
Bribe me with bacon, and I’m all yours. Cakes and other sweet treats? Maybe. But it better be damn good!
Since The Boy and I received our Spectablend, we have been busy as bees, blitzing everything (nearly) in sight.
Him with all his cool sauces and dips to accompany his dishes. Me with my drinks and smoothies.
One of my favourite treats is a Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie. The one time which I did have this cake, it was served in style whilst Madam Mummy and I dined in Tetsuya’s. The taste of that strawberry shortcake trifle in a shot glass has stayed with me all these years.
So when I happened to have a few tubs of extra strawberry yoghurt sitting in the fridge, an idea slowly formed in my mind.
See, I’m not big on cakes or sweet treats which come in solid forms. Give me a sweet drink or a smoothie and I’m yours (even with no bacon!).
I do so hope you love this smoothie. It’s perfect for the elusive summer months ahead 🙂
Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
- 250 ml Strawberry Yoghurt
- 85 ml of water
- 20 ml of honey
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) of Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (63 grams) of ice
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- A handful of dehydrated strawberries (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the Spectablend (or any other blender) and whiz until smooth.
- For an extra burst of freshness add 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries.
- Pour into serving jars or glass and top with crushed dehydrated strawberries and a dash of cinnamon powder.
So what do you reckon? Maybe instead of a birthday cake for your favourite person, have a Birthday Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie!!
Also, today is The Boy’s milestone birthday! Happy Birthday to my love 🙂 Without you I am nothing. So have a Birthday Smoothie (or two) on me!
*Note – Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie is highly addictive and you won’t be able to stop at just one.