It’s finally here! We’ve hit a milestone we didn’t think we would ever be able to reach, nor did we ever think we would still be going strong after all these years.
Our humble blog turns the big 1-0 this year! TEN! Ten years of sharing with you our recipes, travel tales, eating adventures and general stories of our lives! If this was a marriage, this would be our Diamond Anniversary!
How quickly time flies when you are having fun!
To celebrate our 10 Year Blog Anniversary this year, we would like to do two things.
Firstly, we would like you to partake in an Instagram giveaway competition, where we will give a lucky follower 2 x tickets to this year’s World’s 50 Best Restaurants, #50BestTalks in Melbourne, worth a total of $60. So follow us on instagram to find out more (competition closes 8pm AEDT Sunday 26th March 2017).
We bought these tickets a few weeks ago to celebrate our Blog Anniversary as well as to celebrate the fact that the prestigious World’s 50 Best Restaurants Awards will take place for the first time in Melbourne, Australia.
The catch for the winner? You will have to be in Melbourne on Monday 3rd of April 2017 and be available to attend the event (7pm start time), which will take place at Margaret Court Arena, Melbourne Park.
The #50BestTalks chef panel in Melbourne looks set to be amazing with a star-studded cast. Listen to Daniel Humm and Will Guidara (Eleven Madison Park, New York), Gaggan Anand (Gaggan, Bangkok), Jordi Roca (El Celler De Can Roca, Girona, Spain) and Grant Achatz (Alinea, Chicago) and hosted by Annabel Crabb.
So it’s definitely a star-studded chef cast on the panel and we couldn’t be more excited, than to share the experience with you!
Secondly, we would love to share with you a recipe for this decadently delicious cake, as seems to be the tradition when celebrating our Blog Anniversary.
Double Chocolate Rum Bundt Cake
- 3 large eggs
- 227 gram butter softened
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 150 grams of dark chocolate
- 260 grams of flour
- 20 grams of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 125 ml rum
- Spray a large bundt pan (30 cm) with vegetable oil (wipe off excess with kitchen paper/towel).
- Set the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (non-fan forced).
- Melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler or microwave (taking care not to burn the chocolate). Set aside to cool.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter until fluffy, gradually adding the sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Remove mixing bowl from the stand mixer and slowly mix in the melted dark chocolate with a spatula.
- Mix in the rum and vanilla bean paste.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder into the wet mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the hot water, taking care to completely mix through.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 45-55 minutes (or until wooden skewer comes out clean).
- Let cool in the bundt pan for 10 minutes before turning over to a wire rack to cool.
- Once cake is fully cooled down, dust on some icing sugar (I've recently discovered non-melting icing sugar and it works a treat for photography!)
For this version, I added salted caramel popcorn and mint leaves and served the cake with a side of salted caramel rum sauce (and salted caramel rum cocktails).
Lastly, we would like to take the time to truly thank all of you for reading our stories, following our adventures and bearing with us as we slowed down in the last couple of years. We hope that you continue to keep us on track, continue with your support and encouragement and keeping us humble along the way.
Ms I-Hua and The Boy