Spooky Night: 2012 Halloween Special

So it has come around again. Twelve months has passed and the night of ghoul and fiends take over the night.

The witching hour begins and the clock strikes thirteen.

Oh, what a treat the Boy and I have for you this year.

This Halloween, our Wonky Boys make a return and have a little adventure whilst trick-or-treating around Spooky Hollow.

They’ve left their party house, Spooky Shack and have gone for a walk to collect some candy and spread some spooky cheer to the denizens of Spooky Hollow.

We thought we would do something completely different to the other two years. This year, we spent very little time cooking in the kitchen (“AHMAGAWD, What?!”) and a lot of time concentrating on carving skills and story-telling. Tying all these together is the Boy’s love of comics.

This year, we bring to you the night of all nights.

We present to you, a comic strip aptly titled, Spooky Night in Spooky Hollow.

Welcome to our 2012 Halloween Special!

_______________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________

So Happy Halloween! We hope you had as much fun reading the comic as we did in creating it.

It took a whole Saturday to complete as we didn’t want to rush the capsicum carving process. Tell us what you think!

We’ll be posting up a summary of the background scenes and the ‘making-of Spooky Night’ in the next post :)

Until next time…

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

For previous Halloween Specials:

Spooky Hollow: 2010 Halloween Special
Spooky Shack: 2011 Halloween Special

53 Comments

1. Awesome! :D

• Thank you!

• Aww thanks lovely!

• Glad you liked it!

• Aww thanks Julie *blush*

• It was but it was super fun too!

• OMG Stalker :P How are you anyway babe?

• hehehee.. the Boy is an artist I say!

• I know.. we got a little stressed this year thinking about it :P

• LOL… thanks Winnie! Yeah we are so sad and boring as we only play in the kitchen :P

• Lol.. so cute and labour intensive that’s for sure :P

2. Dude, I love it! Carved peppers, that’s so clever. I looked back to see what you’ve done in previous years – you guys go all out! I’ve spent the past week trying to figure out a single craft I could make for Halloween. Damn. I need to take some lessons from y’all:)
    Emma recently posted…swirly cinnamon goat cheese brownies

• Hahaha Dude it was awesome fun!

• LOVE Halloween! O Halloween Queen :)

3. WOWOWOW!!!! FANTASTIC JOB! :D The wonky boys are too cute!!! hehehehehe sounds like you had a wonderful time playing with your food ;P
    Vien recently posted…Flourless Chocolate Fudge Brownies

• I love playing with my food!

• Awwww we ain’t cute *pouts*

4. Every year, I think you can’t top the last year. Every year, you do. I LOVE THIS. And it makes me wan to reread Bone…

• oooohhh… I always wanted to know who would be the type who would read Bone… not surprising really! I can’t make myself read any more Carmody.. I would have aged 50 years before the next book :P

5. Very creative Ms I-Hua :)

• Aww thanks Raz!

6. Awww!!! They are just too cute!!! I love the cartoon, what a clever, clever idea with the cute little ghost and the spooky pumpkins! WELL DONE :)
    GourmetGetaways recently posted…Halloween Roundup!

• Thanks so much! I loved the coffin you made too! So clever!

7. Bahahahahahaa OMG so much effort… I love it!!!

• Hahaha.. worth it?

8. Hahaha, love the comic approach to this post I-Hua.

Hrmmm, I’m not really into Halloween, probably because it never really was an “Australian” thing to do as a child. Yet thanks to the US and possibly UK media, it’s spread to Aussie kids born after the mid-90s and bah… last night it got so annoying, all these kids knocking on the front door trick or treating! Give one child lollies and they’ll spread the word and an army of little munchkins comes to your door *rage* lol

• OMG I had my bucket of sweets/candy out for the kids and none came :( I saw them around the corner on the way home and hurriedly rushed to get it all ready in my pumpkin bucket… *sniff*

9. Oh my dogggggg… You and zeboy really are super pro until I kenot tahan lah… Why you no bring some “ghosts” for us to karaokeeee…Don’t tell me you guys ate all those by yourselves hahaha… And hey, now you know that if you get bored of blogging about food, can start a comic blog lol
    Winston recently posted…Soya Chicken and Potato Stew Recipe

• OMG Comic Blog would be so freaking time consuming. Took the Boy around 2 days to just get the panels and storyline fixed (my fault) but OMG… much prefer to blog about food and holidays :P

• Lol you’re a goose :P Whaaaaaaaat?

• Thanks babe!

• Aww thanks Heidi!

• Hahahah it was fun to come up with!

Submit a Comment